Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Election is Over

As of yesterday, and Julia Gillard is our Prime Minister. Yay!

I am hopeful for the way things are going to go. It's kind of exciting that it is a minority government, because hopefully it will mean more voices for more people, so those of us who aren't in the inner city suburbs or in the eastern states will get more from our Government. Infrastructure is not a huge priority over here (for the Federal Government), and doesn't seem to be a big priority for State Government either. The roads near us have been being slowly improving (very slowly) for the past three years. But we still need more. We need public transport. Even the public transport currently available in our area is ridiculous. We are waiting for a new hospital in my electorate (we were promised) and several years later are still waiting. We aren't getting our local train line, because one of the first things our Liberal State Government did was cut funding and plans to build it.

I'm going to write to my Local MP about these things. I have no idea if it'll make any difference, but if I don't do it, I can't complain, because I haven't tried.

That's why when my coworker told me he had put in a blank ballot paper, I told him he would have no recourse to complain about the Government. Because he had no place in the process of electing them.

ps. we now return you to your regular viewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment