Sunday, April 3, 2011

I'm Sorry, What?

Yesterday I spent a while getting my hair done. Which was great, my hair now looks fabulous. During this time I read three magazines, and in all of these magazines I came across a fairly irritating thing.

Why is it, that any (somewhat attractive) woman, confidently walking down a beach in a bikini is "flaunting" her body? Could it possibly be that she DOESN'T CARE about what you think, and is just going about her business in the same way she would if she was wearing some comfy trousers and a cute t-shirt (ie, owning the look?)?

flaunt |flônt; flänt|
verb [ trans. ]
display (something) ostentatiously, esp. in order to provoke envy or admiration or to show defiance : newly rich consumers eager to flaunt their prosperity.
• ( flaunt oneself) dress or behave in a sexually provocative way.

Because you know, heaven forbid a woman feel confident about what she's wearing without trying to be sexually provocative.

No comments:

Post a Comment