Saturday, March 5, 2011

Dear Kim Hames, Health Minister

Dear Kim Hames, Health Minister

I was really sad this week to hear that you are going to sign a 3 million dollar contract with Serco for the new Fiona Stanley Health Campus. Actually, I was even sadder that the only way I found out was because the union of the people you're going to displace by hiring private contractors, chose to demonstrate by blocking traffic in St Georges Terrace earlier this week. Whilst I disagree with the method, I agree with the sentiment. Why do you think it is a good idea to privatize the services in a Public Hospital?

Also, why does the opening date keep moving for the hospital? It was being discussed in 2006 by the previous government, you promised to start work on it in 2008... and here we are in 2011, and all that is done is the land is picked out. It's supposed to open in (what is now) 2014. I heard Doctors have been hired, but they have nowhere to work yet.

Please get on with it.

Regards,

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment